Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa Pics

So, as I mentioned below, Natalie is not a Santa fan this year. I figured it wouldn't happen and was so bummed out at the thought of missing one year because I want to have a Santa picture for every year of my children's lives. We were at the Factoria mall one day with no intention of getting a Santa pic. I didn't even know they had a Santa. Well, we walked by and there was no line so I figured, what the hey. I will see what happens. We walked to the side of the display to see Santa and talk to him. He was great. He was waving and talking and pointing things out. She wasn't having it. She was giving me the death grip and was crying. I would tell her to say hi, or wave and she wouldn't do it. She just cried. We then walked up to him and he tried to give her a high 5 and she wouldn't do it. So....we left. After we went to Target, we walked by him again and thought, maybe she will warm up to him now. Nope. She started crying when she say him, so we went home. The next day we swung by the mall again, and walked by Santa. He saw her and waved, remembering who she was and to my surprise she waved and said "hi Santa!" so I stopped and talked to him and she talked back.....score! She even gave him a high 5. I told her she would get candy if she sat on his lap. As if I was asking too much she said "NO!" so I asked her to stand by him and set her down and she clung to my shoulders. So the smart lady who worked there grabbed a bench and put it in between us and told Natalie to sit down and mommy would be right behind her and then the lady mouthed to me to hide. So I did. I asked her when I could pick up the picture and she said it was printing right then. The picture turned out great! She smiled big and everything. I wished she was dressed up for the Santa picture, but hey, I will take this! If you look close you can see my shoulder and knee behind the bench. I am including her 2 other Santa photos. Can you believe how much they grow in a year!? Last years' was my favorite. Sadly enough. Why is it the poor pathetic screaming kid Santa pics are the best? My poor baby was screaming, crying and trying to reach out for her mommy to protect her from this big scary man in red and I am standing there going "smile hunny!". Child abuse....but, mission accomplished! I got the picture! ;)





No comments: