Thursday, August 28, 2008

Racing!!!

So Dan and I got invited to ride in race cars with professional race car drivers through marlboro. Yes, we smoke (we are quitting though) but sometimes it pays off to be a Marlboro customer. We had a blast!! The first course was a 2 1/2 mile course with all kinds of turns. Big 90 degree turns, small turns, etc etc. We went about 140 MPH and got to go around the course twice. Then we went to the next course which was like a big 4 leaf clover and we rode in Mustangs and were drifting. I thought this one would scare the crap out of me because I hate it when my husband thinks he is a race car driver and goes around corners too fast and spins the wheels. HATE IT. He always teases me too because my feet and hands instantly go up, but it was actually really fun! We went around that course 3 times. I had a female driver and I said "What a cool job" and she goes "Hey, it's not my car!" :) Then looked at me and said "Ready to have some fun?" and then blasted the radio with some Korn. After all of that we got to sit down and have dinner, a very good dinner. I shouldn't have eaten though because the naseau from the drifting kicked in after that and the whole ride home I was trying to keep it down. It went away though. What a great day! When they come back we are definetly going again! They give you all kinds of giveaways too and they took our picture and by the time we went to eat they had 2 copies developed and framed for us. Everyone was so nice.

Dan by the Mustang
And me by the Mustang
The Indy car...
This thing was hard to get out of....
On our way to RACE!
This is the car we rode in. There were several.

I love this picture of us. Aww....
Ready to go...
Here is the drifting course. See the chunks of rubber everywhere? From tires!


Hee hee
Dan taking off
There he goes!
Me getting out after I was done.
Our little boog wanted to dress up like a racer. Isn't she cute?



2 comments:

BK Glauser Family said...

Fun Becky! So fun that you are blogging. I am not so awesome at posting, but it's ok. I do what i can. So, i am not in seattle anymore. I can home a week and half ago pretty spit decision. I should be back there now, but i'm not. I am missing Aaron's wedding. Long story short, the day we were leaving the kids woke up with ear infections, Kailyn in each ear and 104 temp. I didn't feel like i could take them on a plane that day so i was like, no problem, we'll just change our flight. YEAH right. $400 on top of what we've already paid, per person to change the flight. I'm way sad that i'm not there to celebrate with Aaron. Anyway, sob story over. Call me anytime, or comment. Loved seeing you!
Love, Kendall

Nikki Hansen said...

That is awesome!!! I am so glad you commented on my blog. Of course you can add me to your friends. I love the racing outfits too!!!